- 2 cups peeled cored and diced tart green apples
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/3 cups whole milk
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup apple butter
- 2 10 inch whole wheat tortillas (I also have used apple cinnamon tortillas when I can get them)
- In a bowl, mix together the first 5 ingredients; toss to coat apples evenly.
- In a large non-stick skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add the apple mixture; cook 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the apples are tender when pierced with a fork.
- Add in the milk and stir to mix.
- Gradually stir in the oatmeal.
- Lower the heat and cook 5 to 7 minutes or until all the liquid has been
absorbed by the oatmeal.
- Remove skillet from the heat and add vanilla.
- Evenly spread the apple butter on the two tortillas, leaving a 1-inch border aroung the edge.
- Spoon the apple-oatmeal mixture onto the tortillas and roll-up/wrap.