- 2/3 cup dried apricots
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup firmly-packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- Powdered (confectioners) sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8-inch square pan. In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, place apricots; cover with water and slowly boil 10 minutes. Remove from heat, drain, and cool. When cool, chop into small pieces; set aside.
- In a food processor, mix butter, sugar, and 1 cup flour until crumbly.
- Spread mixture onto bottom of prepared pan. Bake 25 minutes or until light brown; remove from oven.
- In a medium bowl, combine 1/2 cup flour, baking powder, and salt. In a small bowl, gradually beat brown sugar into eggs; add to four mixture and stir until well combined. Mix in vanilla extract, nuts, and apricots; spread onto top of baked layer.
- Bake 30 minutes or until lightly browned; cool completely in baking pan on a wire rack. Cut into bars and then roll in sifted powdered sugar.